Tuesday, October 29, 2013

G.I.'S FOR JESUS

Praise the Lord, everybody, because He alone is worthy. I love the Lord, up, down or sideways no matter how my life is going my faith and my trust is in Him. Even now when things are dark all around there is light in him, I am a G.I., are you?


While watching old World War Two movies over the years I noticed how the soldiers called themselves G.I.'s. I later learned that they called themselves that because everything they had from their underwear to their weapons had "government issued" stamped on it, even their toothpaste and toilet tissue. Thus they began to think of themselves as "Government Issued".

They were manufactured in boot camp and "issued" where ever the Government saw fit. That same Government supplied them with all their needs from the crown of their heads to the soles of their feet. We as Christians need to realize who's we are and who supplies all our needs.

In Luke chapter seven, a Centurion which is a leader over soldiers in the Roman army asks for Jesus to heal his servant whom he is very fond of. In verses 6-9 we see this 6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

9 When Jesus heard these things, he marveled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

What the Centurion was saying to Jesus was, I like you am a man with authority over people, in this case, soldiers and servants. Jesus was also a man of authority, spiritual authority, which was evident by his preaching, teachings and how He was able to perform miracles and His people were His soldiers. Who are His people? Those of us who are of the household of faith, we are His people and as such we are also His soldiers.

We are called into service by God and are trained in our churches. Everything we have is "God Issued," The word of God says "the earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof" Everything we wear, eat and own comes from Him. It is all stamped "God issued" as per the 19th Psalm 1-4The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
4 Yet their voice[b] goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world. (NIV)

Just as soldiers of the world depend on the government for everything, soldiers of the Lord should be fully dependent on Him. In the worldly army if you have a problem you must follow a long chain of command before your plea is heard.
In the army of the Lord the chain of command is from us to Him, Jesus on the main line, hallelujah! We are G.I.'s for Jesus, God issued and God maintained.
                       
              God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall

No comments: