Tuesday, January 14, 2014

ANOTHER LEVEL OF TRUST!

Praise the Lord everybody!! because He alone is worthy, for He has done great things! His praise shall be continually in my mouth. In my last post I talked about my new attitude for 2014. I am determined to put ALL my trust in God. There comes a time when we have to stop worrying about the myriad of possibilities that could befall us in our day to day lives, all the pit falls and worst case scenarios and just TRUST GOD!

God has made certain promises to His people, So if you are counted as one of His people we have to trust that He Will keep those promises. He has promised to provide for our every need. His word says in  Numbers 23:19
King James Version (KJV)
19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Fear, Worry and Anxiety should not be a part of the lives of the Believer, yet often times it is. I can remember many sleepless nights in the past, especially when I was homeless and living in a New York City shelter. They used to threaten every so often to send me to a homeless camp in up-state New York somewhere, a three hour ride from the city and my family and my doctors. At the time I was trying to get on disability and spent a lot of time seeing doctors. Many times I would receive notices on my cot at night telling me I was being shipped up-state in the morning and I would stay up all night worrying and planning. then I would  head down to see an advocate at the Coalition for The Homeless first thing that morning. They would come and stop it. Now God had already told me not to worry because He was not going to let that happen months ago yet I would stay up worrying every time. I DID NOT TRUST GOD!!

For years I had trusted in myself because man had repeatedly let me down. Then along comes God, He saves me, delivers me from drugs and sets me on a new path. Then He asks me to trust Him, in all things. This sounds good and is easy at first after all He delivered you from death to life both physically and spiritually and everything is Rosy. Then the storm hits, you lose your job, maybe you get sick or relapse or someone you love dies, suddenly life slaps you upside your head and says "SNAP OUT OF IT!! WHO'S YOUR DADDY?" who do you trust then? Do you fall back on the arm of the flesh? saying "I have my degrees, my connections, I'll just make a call, I'll just sit down with my people, we will work out a plan.

Or do you go to your Father in heaven, Abba Father and put it in His hands, trusting Him to guide you and work things out. I am in the midst of a trial right now that seems to have no end but I sleep well at night because I put my trust in Him. Psalms 4: 5-8 states  5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord.

6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.

7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.

8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

We have his word to encourage us!! God can't lie!!, we all have a testimony of His movements on our behalf. What more do we need? If you know Gods word it is your lifeline to peace of mind. I had to go against my carnal nature to trust in myself when things got bad and humble myself and realize there was someone more trust worthy than all my degrees and knowledge put together, It is Lord God almighty, maker of heaven and earth who better to trust in? Let us stop giving lip service to God and really trust Him in ALL things because He is who He is.

                       God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall


No comments: