Friday, February 7, 2014

THE BATHROOM DOESN'T LIE!!


Praise the Lord everybody! because He alone is worthy to be praised! I pray everyone is enjoying God's blessing. So far the year 2014 has had an up and down start. snow storms and very painful Sciatica have caused me to miss the last two weeks of Church and my back is progressing slowly. God is moving at First Church in a powerful way and I can feel it even here at home and I long to be apart of it. Because of our infirmities my wife and I try and spend a lot of time in prayer and meditation.

Jesus said in Matthew 6: 5-7   5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

In my home the "Prayer Closet" is the bathroom. We didn't choose it, God chose it. I always knew there was something special about the bathroom, things seemed so much clearer, problem solving so much easier and there was that still small voice that spoke to me there. Still I did not fully put it all together until my Wife moved in with me. One day she said to me "Wow! did you know your bathroom is anointed?" Confirmation! then it all made sense to me, the bathroom was the prayer closet! God was meeting us there.

Once I realized that still small voice of wisdom I'd been hearing in there was God and not me I began to listen more intently and was more obedient to what I was instructed to do. I began to trust that voice, to trust God. His voice always speaks truth and The results were immediate. I began to speak "what thus saith the Lord" without fear of consequences or rejection. Gods word says "My sheep know my voice and a stranger they will not follow" now when I hear that voice I listen and obey. I am His, a sheep in His pasture, I'm not saying I'm perfect but I am striving.

Find your prayer closet, commune with God and have an obedient spirit. Do these things and you can't go wrong. In my home we know the "Bathroom" never lies.
                 God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall 

No comments: