Friday, April 11, 2014

ROLLING IN THE DEEP : OURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY


Praise the Lord everybody! because He alone is worthy to be praised! I pray everyone is enjoying God's blessing. God has blessed me these last few days, after months of sciatica pain to the point where I could not sit up to eat. The pain is sixty percent better and I can actually get up and walk around and exercise a little. Praise the living God! My legs are a little weak after months of inactivity and weight gain but I have begun to rehab them now by God's grace.

I am still having to fight for my home and my pension, my wife is still ill with an undiagnosed illness and still needs insurance and Disability to come through but our faith and trust remains in the Lord. When everyone including my wife thought I should go to the hospital I knew it was only a matter of time before God would raise me up off my bed of affliction. Hallelujah!!

I have in the last three years been faced with many afflictions, trials and tribulations, Some were brought on by myself. There is a price to be paid to earn God's trust in ministry and there is a price to be paid for disobedience. I am paying for both. Like Jonah there were assignments given me that I did not finish and some I did not start. There were doors opened I did not enter and doors closed I tried to go through. There were gifts given and ministries ordained. I like Jonah even in my chastening remembered the Lord chastens those He loves and I like Jonah cried out to the Lord.

Jonah 2: 1-9
Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish's belly,

2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.

4 Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.

5 The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.

6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O Lord my God.

7 When my soul fainted within me I remembered the Lord: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.

8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.

9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord

I know what it is like to be cast into the deep because of my own shortcomings. Then swallowed up by situations beyond my control. I know how it feels to have your friends and family start to look at you funny because they cannot comprehend how or why God has allowed these things to happen to you. Yet my hope and my trust remains in Him. I know I can call upon Him and He will hear me. I do not ask Why this has happened but ask "What must I do on my part?" and He instructs me and guides me and leads me out of the deep.

When God plants my feet back on solid ground I am a stronger, wiser man with a testimony that is even stronger than ever. When things were at their worst and it looked like I might need back surgery or worse I consecrated unto the Lord. I asked Him to heal me one more time and if He did, this time I would do my part and take better care of my body through diet and most importantly proper exercise to strengthen my legs and back. Since then my back is sixty percent better and improving every day and His spirit has led me to find some new sciatica exercises on line that have been a great help, God is faithful!

I am looking forward to going to church next week and being back in the thick of things where God wants me to be, better equipped and ready to do battle.
Next time you find yourself Rolling in the deep remember the words of Jonah, cry loud and don't ask why, ask "What would you have me do Lord?"

          God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall





No comments: