Monday, May 19, 2014

"KEEPING IT REAL!" IN THE BODY OF CHRIST.

Praise the Lord everybody The Lord our God, the Lord is one! He alone is worthy to be praised! I pray you all are enjoying God's blessing. My wife and I are counting our blessings and trusting God as He deals with us each in different ways. I am currently on a consecration that I am modeling after Jacob because like him I'm not letting go until God blesses us. I'm prepared to consecrate as long as it takes for Him to move concerning our situation. I'm asking everyone to keep me in prayer as I seek God for relief from our trials.


"I'm just keeping it real!"
I hear Christians say that all the time after they use vulgar language or say something to somebody that they had no business saying, something meant to hurt rather than heal, something non edifying and sinful in God.s eyes. I have heard Christian parents tell their children, " your going to be tempted by many things and if you can't help yourself when exploring your sexuality then use protection if you have sex, and if your going to smoke weed or drink do it here in the basement with your friends so I can keep an eye on you." I've even heard Christians condone abortion saying "what if the girl or woman had no visible means of support, is in school or was raped?" I've even heard some say "I'm not supporting or raising no more babies so you better go get it taken care of, the last thing the world and you need is another welfare mother!" "I'm just keeping it real!" they say when confronted by another Christian. This is their excuse for condoning sin. "I'm just trying to face reality" they say "just keeping it real!"


To the World all these things sound reasonable, like the homosexual argument, they say "surely if two people love each other regardless of what sex they are God will understand, doesn't the word say that love conquers a multitude of sin?" they ask as they take God's word out of context and misinterpret it. God is a loving God but He is also a JUST God. The Bible says in Romans 6:23   23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  THAT IS REALITY!
When we tell ourselves or our children that sometimes it's alright to sin depending on the circumstances we are condemning them and ourselves to death.

Jesus said "I am they way the truth and the light" that is keeping it real, God's word also says in Proverbs 16:25   25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

"Keeping it real" is just another way of compromising and diluting God's word and laws. God's word has suffered 2000 years of erosion by man and the world, let's not add to it. We don't have to change God's word to fit the times, we have to change the times to fit God's word.

          God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall




No comments: