Friday, November 21, 2014

HOLY GHOST REROUTE!!


Praise the Lord everybody, because He alone is worthy to be praised!! I pray every one of you are enjoying God's blessing. What God is doing with me right now is a humbling experience. When I think back over how much love, teaching, instruction, rebuking and chastening God has invested in me. My attitude of gratitude has grown immensely. It's all about me showing my love for God through my obedience. So let me be obedient by sharing with you what God gave me the other day.

The other day I was talking to my mother about an issue that is being played up big in the media these days and a hot topic on most talk shows. As she became more and more impassioned in her speech my flesh also began to rise up and I found myself ready to join her in the flesh and offer up a worldly view and solution to the problem. Just as I was about to open my mouth I could feel the Holy Ghost reroute my thought process from the flesh to the spiritual and the man of God in me took over. I remembered whose I was and whom I served.

I am a Holy Ghost filled man of God, called by God to be a "Watchman" on the wall. I can't let anybody turn me around, not even my mom. 1st Peter 1: 14-16 states 14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

The Holy Spirit will lead you and keep you if you let Him. Temptation can come from anywhere at any time and from anybody. The enemy knows our weak spots and sometimes he catches us off guard and we find ourselves, like I did, "getting into the conversation" our carnal minds coming alive, but if you are truly anchored in Jesus the Holy Spirit will act like rail road switchman and give you a Holy Ghost reroute back to the mind of Christ. David said in  Psalms 73:1+2 Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.

   This just shows you that it can happen to anyone, even David a man after God's own heart. He was tempted to envy the prosperity of the wicked, I'm sure just like me he found himself at times in conversation with ungodly people and almost slipped and said something he would later regret but as you read further down he had a Holy Ghost reroute as he states in verses 22-28  22 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

27 For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.

28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

I strive every day to draw nearer to the Lord so that when my feet almost slip the Holy Ghost will reroute  my mind and my feet back onto the right path.

                       God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall


  

No comments: