Wednesday, May 27, 2015

IT'S HARD TO KICK AGAINST THE "CLIQUES"!!

Praise the Lord everybody!! because He alone is worthy to be praised. I pray everyone is enjoying God's blessing. I am celebrating in my heart on one hand because my wife is returning home tomorrow after a twelve day trip due to the family business, thank you God, but on the other hand, I am mourning the loss of one of my church family. Sister Karen was special, she touched many with her powerful testimony and the joy she exhibited due to her subsequent salvation. She was truly thankful and I will miss her. I am dedicating this post to her.

Jesus told us in His word that the world would recognize His disciples by the love they have one for another. In John 13:34-35  34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love one to another.

It's a wonderful feeling on a Sunday morning, or whatever morning you go to church, you enter in expecting to experience the love and comfort of Christ from your fellow believer, you are a member of the body of Christ, praise the Lord! A disturbing pattern has become evident over the past 10 - 20 years in the body of Christ, cancer has crept in. Some of us have forgotten what the word "member" means pertaining to the body. especially the Body of Christ.

I have seen it and have heard so many sad stories. "I don't go to church anymore because I didn't feel welcome or needed."  they claimed that instead of the "right hand of fellowship" they got background checks and the third degree. And if you were not accepted by the "Cliques" then they made their "fellowship" very uncomfortable.

You see most churches today are looking for club members and not body members. 1st Corinthians 12: 14-23 Paul states   14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

We need to remember that it is not us but God who adds to the Church as He sees fit, and EVERY person He sends has a role to play in the body. How can we function efficiently if we cut off our arms and legs because we don't like them or they don't "fit in." Sister Karen I believe was a part of our church body to bring us joy and an attitude of gratitude. Paul went on to say in verses 24-28  24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

So let us welcome in all our body "members" with love and thankfulness to God so that the joy of being in Christ can be enjoyed every time we come together by everybody.


  1.                           God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall

No comments: