Wednesday, October 28, 2015

SO YOU THINK YOU''RE ANOINTED?!!!


Praise the Lord everyone!! For He alone is worthy to be praised!! I feel my breakthrough coming! Oh taste and see that the Lord is good! He has been patient with me as He has brought me lovingly through all my trials and tribulations, my learning experiences, as I call them. I have been hard headed and disobedient at times but God has looked beyond my faults and saw my needs. Now I must go forward and do my part to fulfill my mission in Christ.

As I sit today pondering my road to this point I can't help but think about a lesson I learned long ago that unfortunately many in the Body of Christ seem to have not learned yet, and that is that the gifts that God has given us all are without repentance. Romans 11:29- 30 states   29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

You can see it in many churches and ministries these days. There is a lack of power, there is a power outage in the body of Christ. Where are the the people being delivered? the healing? or the signs and wonders? The Choir sounds good, The preacher is preaching hard but the people are just sitting there, no lifting up of Holy Hands, no shouting, no dancing, no brokenness or any other moves of the Holy Spirit. What is missing? the anointing of God that's what, and the sad part is those who are ministering are saying "I sound great, so it must be them, they ain't right."

Sounding good and preaching dynamic, well conceived sermons only means that the gift God gave you at birth is at work but the power that is needed to destroy yokes and heal people is missing because you are not in correct standing and relationship with God.

A perfect example is the show "Sunday Best", the "Christian" version of "American Idol" Some singers get on stage and sing technically beautiful and pitch perfect but when they sing nothing happens. Then the next singer gets up they have some pitch problems and their voice cracks at times but while they sing tears begin to fill your eyes, people lift up holy hands and shout "glory!!" and some even get up and praise dance, That is the anointing!! Isaiah 10:27 states     27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing. 

The power is in the anointing!! It's not how good you sound or look, Your gifts are without repentance! God does not take back His gifts no matter how you are living but His anointing is only given to those who are in right standing with Him and God will remove His anointing if you fall out of fellowship with Him. That is why you can go see somebody one time and the glory of the Lord and His anointing can be all over them and a week later you see them and the glory of God is gone, the light has gone out. This is the "Ichabod."(see 1st Samuel 4:21) I know because it happened to me. People asking behind my back "what happened to him?" What happened was I was in a back sliding state! I was grieving the Holy Ghost and my anointing was taken from me. My ministry became un-effective. 

We can't lean on our gifts alone, thinking that we are getting away with something and/or accomplishing something because our "gifts" appear to be working in full effect. you might be able to fool some "weak" Christians but the lack of power in your ministry will expose you.
Living in holy obedience to God is the only way to add the anointing to your gifts, and to do the work God has called you to your gonna need it.

   God Bless you All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off the Wall





No comments: