Thursday, September 29, 2016

THE CHURCH OF THE CASUAL CHRISTIAN!!


Praise the Lord everybody, let everything that has breath praise His holy name!! I can't thank God enough for His grace and His mercies that are new every morning. He who has ears, let him hear, and he who has eyes, let him see.

Those of us who have our spiritual eyes and ears open realize that God is moving in a mighty way in the Church. God is getting His body in order as a "bride" for her wedding. and He is pulling off covers and exposing the transgressions of each and every church just as He did in Revelations chapter 3.

First, the Lord admonished the Church at Sardi and then went on to the Church of Philadelphia and addressed it's infractions. None was blameless but both had some redeeming qualities, then He came to the Church at Laodicea, and this is what God said, Revelations 3: 14 to 18   14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

God is sickened by "lukewarm" Christians and even though Sardis and Philadelphia had their issues they were not casual about their faith as were the Laodiceans. They put their trust in their wealth and possessions and saw no need to trust Him. A lot of Christian "elitist" are that way today, they tell other more devout Christians "that's good for you, you need to hold on to your faith like that because of where God has brought you from." they look down on those of us who God has delivered from drugs, alcoholism, prostitution, gambling, and homosexuality, etc. To them, God is just something or someone to fall back on when their own plans don't work out.

The Church at Laodicea along with the others needed an attitude adjustment and Jesus went on to say in verses 19 - 22   19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. 

God desires a zealous church, a church willing to confess and repent from sin, A Church that realizes that God chastens those He loves. To the body of Christ, I say Jesus is standing at our doors and knocking. What will He find when He walks in your church? Will there be casual indifference or holy ghost fire?

 God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall






No comments: