Friday, December 30, 2016

THE WONDERFUL BURDEN OF THE LIGHT!


Praise the Lord everybody, let everything that has breath praise His holy name!! For He has done great things!! I love the Lord, and if loving him is wrong, I don't want to be right! I can't say it enough, these are exciting times we are living in if you have ears to hear and eyes to see what God is doing in these last and evil days. God is pouring out His spirit and old men like me are seeing visions and young men are dreaming dreams.

I just want to share a little something God dropped in my spirit the other day. It started when I heard a preacher on TV read the scripture, Matthew 11:28-30  28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


I love this scripture but it was verse thirty that got my attention, especially the last five words, "... and my burden is light." It hit me like never before "GOD GIVES US A BURDEN!" I said to myself
God gives us an individual burden when we get saved, and He also gives us a general burden that we who make up the body of Christ all share. God has given us all a burden for souls as we carry the gospel of Christ to the world and we are also called to be a light to those lost in the darkness of this world. Jesus says in Matthew 5:14-16                                                                                        
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Not only is Gods burden light, His burden is light. The "light" of God that shines through those of us who are walking in His light, must not be snuffed out by sin or hidden under a "bushel" of religeous ceremony or practices. Our burden is to carry that light wherever we go so that it can be seen by others causing them to want to glorify God with their lives also.

1st John 1:4-7 states   4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

This is the wonderful burden that God has given us, to be the carriers of the light in a dark world and to live a life worthy of that task.
         God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall

No comments: