Friday, April 28, 2017

WE ARE THE "LIGHT BRIGADE!!


Praise the Lord everybody!! Let everything that has breath praise His holy name!! I can't begin to tell you how deep the Lord is working in my life. He is digging up the deep things in me that I thought were long dead and buried in me and resurrecting them so that I can deal with them. It is a sometimes painful but necessary procedure. God is doing a work in me, and I like it.

The Lord is in the process of getting His body, the Church, in order. He is coming soon. The other day I found myself thinking about a poem that I hadn't read since I was a boy. The poem was "The Charge of the Light Brigade" BY ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON.
It was one of my favorite poems at the time, it started off like this: 
 Half a league, half a league, 
Half a league onward, 
All in the valley of Death 
   Rode the six hundred. 
“Forward, the Light Brigade! 
Charge for the guns!” he said. 
Into the valley of Death 
   Rode the six hundred. 

II 
“Forward, the Light Brigade!” 
Was there a man dismayed? 
Not though the soldier knew 
   Someone had blundered. 
   Theirs not to make reply, 
   Theirs not to reason why, 
   Theirs but to do and die. 
   Into the valley of Death 
   Rode the six hundred. 

III 
Cannon to right of them, 
Cannon to left of them, 
Cannon in front of them 
   Volleyed and thundered; 
Stormed at with shot and shell, 
Boldly they rode and well, 
Into the jaws of Death, 
Into the mouth of hell 
   Rode the six hundred. 

Let me stop right here, I'm sure you get the idea. Anyway, as I sat there envisioning their gallant charge with no regard for their own lives, God began to deal with me in that regard. The Bible states in Revelation 12:7-11 that 7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
 8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

 10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
 11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

As I read this passage it came to me that as soldiers of the Lord, covered in the full armor of God, We are Gods "Light Brigade." Our Job is to bring God's light to the lost, no matter what the cost. Jesus told His disciples "14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." in Matthew chapter 5.

We have a mandate from our "commander and chief" to be light for a dying world, and we must carry that light, even if it turns out to be a suicide mission. I don't know about you all but, I'm not ready to die. But even more important than that is I don't want to die before I completely carry out my mission. I want to hear God say "well done Brother Darrell, come and enter into my rest." I don't want to hear "Get away from me, I never knew you." 

We have our work cut out for us because the world loves darkness as stated in John 3:17-2117 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil.

 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Half a league, half a league, half a league onward, we must advance the love and light of God into the darkness of a dying world. charge!!
               
God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off the wall



1 comment:

Tom said...

This is so very true! We are in the battle for the lives of many people. The world wants us to lose, but Jesus has already won the victory for us. We just need to carry that victory forward.