Tuesday, May 9, 2017

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS.



Praise the Lord everybody. let everything that has breath praise His holy name. I continuously thank God for His grace and mercy. He is truly doing a great work my wife and I's life. Every day I look forward to what He hs planned for us.

Today He has given me a little food for thought on relationships. People are always concerned about relationships. Relationships at work, with family, with friends and with the opposite sex, relationships with the opposite sex being the most agonized over.
Christians being human also find themselves agonizing over relationships and falling into the same traps as the world. Today I want you to know that there is only one relationship, as a Christian, that you need to worry about, the one that will affect and shape all others, and that is your relationship with Jesus Christ.
Jesus tells us in Matthew 7:21-23  21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

We must not fool ourselves into thinking that God will accept any kind of relationship with us. We cannot look at it as just a job where you punch in, do your work and then just punch out at the end of your shift. No matter how great a job you do at work you must realize that the relationship does not end at the end of your shift. You can’t talk your way through a relationship with God either, lip service will not satisfy Him. Isaiah 29:13NIV STATES,  The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.

 God wants to spend Quality time with you. God wants to be your everything, your all and all.
God is love and how can we know what love is if we don’t know Him? The bible says in  1 John 3:16-20 (NIV)

16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

A loving relationship with Christ is the cornerstone needed to build all our other relationships on. So, make sure the love of God is in you and leading you in every way. Next time someone asks you about relationships, make sure to ask them about their most important relationship, the on with Jesus Christ.

      God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall
     

No comments: