Monday, December 12, 2011

Chosen and Predestined, Hallelujah!

Praise the Lord! I pray everyone is enjoying the many blessings of God. I myself am blessed as usual just to be able to be here writing this blog and doing what God has called me to do. Today I'm not writing about faith. I am going to share something God Gave me to write this past Friday for my Brother and sister inlaws church. They are on a seven day consecration and the theme is "chosen and predestined' they wanted something for the church news letter. I and my wife have been going on these consecrations with them and have been blessed beyond measure. When I sat down to put pen to paper my mind was blank and I asked God to "give me what YOU want me to write" and his answer was what you see below. I pray it blesses you as it has blessed me.

      Chosen and Predestined, Hallelujah!

“For many are called but few are chosen” Matthew 22:14(KJV) I remember reading that verse many times before I began to realize what it meant for me. Throughout the Bible you see where God has chosen certain people to use to accomplish His will here on earth. He chose the Jews as his people, He chose David as king, Samuel, Elijah, John the Baptist, Mary, Joseph and the list goes on and on including His son Jesus and his Disciples. When I realized that I was a follower of Christ, in other words a Disciple of Christ I began to realize that I too was chosen.

 Jesus states in John 6:4 44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. Before you can be drawn you must be chosen. Isn’t that wonderful! We believers are Chosen by God, Just as The Jews are His chosen people from the old covenant those of us covered under the blood of the new covenant in Christ Jesus are now joined together with the Jews as Gods chosen people, and we all know the things He did for them.
Chosen for what? Ephesians 2:10 states 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
When you’re in Christ you are a “new creation”, a chosen creation for “good works which God hath before ordained” that we should live them out. Ephesians 1:11 states:
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

So having been chosen we were also predestined to be used by him to bring forth His will here on earth. This is the high calling that Paul talks about in Philippians 3:14 so we too must also press toward that mark. We can no longer be Sunday go to meeting Christians who are satisfied with the status quo. We must keep attaining to a higher level, higher ground in Christ.
God bless you all. Brother Darrell, A Watchman
13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


No comments: