Monday, March 12, 2012

Touchdown Jesus! / Stop Kicking against the Pricks

Praise the Lord everybody! I pray everyone is enjoying God's blessing. I am truly blessed of God to have this privilege to convey what the spirit of the Lord has to say to the church. My wife has gone back to work and now it's just me and God and you all again. If you have been following my recent post you know I have been having trouble getting to church on Sundays and if it's not the elevator hindering me then it's the transportation problems with Access-A- Ride. What I'm about to say those of you who are not believers may have a hard time understanding but true believers should have no trouble understanding.

The church I attend has a Wednesday afternoon service called "The Hour of Power" and about six months ago or so I heard the spirit of the Lord say to me "I want you to stop going to or trying to go to Sunday service and start going to the Hour of power for I have plans for you there." And I have not been obedient, but in Acts 26:14 Jesus says to Saul on the road to Damascus
14And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the
pricks.
The spirit reminded me again of what God had asked me to do and then brought that scripture back to my remembrance. I thought back to how it seemed that there was a force trying to hinder my trying to go to church on Sundays. I know this is where true believers and a lot of others part company. You see it on TV. all the time. when ever a christian is being interviewed on secular TV about anything and they say "God spoke to me" or "I felt the Lord say to my spirit" The person conducting the interview jumps on them and says "what makes you so special that God would stop what He's doing to speak to you?" You see it all the time on "The View" TV show, every time one of the panel members who are Christian say they heard from God then one of the others,  who might even be a Christian also, looks at them like they are crazy and puts them down because of what they believe. What is worse is that  the Christian being interviewed lets them get away with it by not challenging them through God's word.
Matthew 10:29-31 states
29Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
God is interested in every aspect of all His creations, He has numbered the very hairs on our heads! He has taken time out to do this. Psalm 139:14 states
14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
We are fearfully and wonderfully made! By who? By God! He cares about every aspect of His creation. Look at the grief Tim Tebow gets every time he gets on one knee and prays after scoring a touchdown and then thanks God when being interviewed after game. People call into talk shows and rant "who does he think he is?" They don't get it, they say the same thing about players who score then point up into the sky thanking God after a touchdown or home run. It's not that God Has money on the game, but that he cares for his people on both sides and wants them to prosper and be healthy in all that they do. It is not about winning the game, it's about everybody playing their best and not getting hurt.

The time has come for Christian athletes to do more than just point to the sky or bow down after scoring touchdowns or doing positive things during games. They must be ready and able to give a clear account to reporters after games as to why they do what they do and why God is interested in what they are doing. Yes contrary to popular belief God is not so overwhelmed by the problems of this world that He can't be bothered about your Job situation, your marriage, your children or whether you should put your car in the shop to avoid an accident. God is Jehovah Jireh, the Lord our provider, how can he provide for our needs if He is not keeping tabs on our lives and taking time to listen to our prayers? How can He heal us if He is not aware we are sick? HE CARES ABOUT US!

The time has also come for me to stop kicking against the pricks and be obedient to God. I will be in Church this Wednesday and every Wednesday until God tells me something different. Keep me in prayer as I keep you in prayer.
                                                 God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman

No comments: