Monday, April 2, 2012

The "Profess"ionals: The Afterbirth part 2

Praise the Lord! I pray everyone is enjoying Gods blessing. "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good!" "He is all over me and He's keeping me alive, Jesus is keeping me alive." I feel good in my soul today! My wife will be home in a couple of days and I'm looking forward to spending quality time with her and both of us spending quality time before God.

The Lord put this on my heart while I was writing my last post, "The Afterbirth" There is a problem that has affected the body of Christ especially in the United States. Today's church is full of "Profess"ional Christians. They carry out their Jobs in the church well, but that's all they are to them, just jobs and that's as far as their investment goes, They have not totally bought in.. Titus 1:15+16 states
15Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

I do not take pleasure in writing these things, but God's heart is obviously grieved by the lack of "fruit"from his Church. The church has gone from Holy temple to Events Arena. Pastors are no longer High priest, they are C.E.O.'s and the church is a large corporation. The focus has gone from bringing in souls to bringing in funds. The prevailing attitude has gone from being a blessing to others to getting the blessing we believe we have coming.

Apostle Paul was right when he said in 1st.Corinthians 4:19+20
19But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.  
20For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
Talk is cheap! He was saying, I'm coming to see how much power you have, what are you doing to advance the Gospel of Christ and to destroy Satan's kingdom, and as I wrote in my last post "The Afterbirth", you need power to do those things. Matthew 12: 28+29 states
28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
We are at war and most of us are stuck in stage one of our walks, the "profess"ional stage, the talking stage where we go around telling everybody about our testimony of how we got saved and everything is lovely, but before you know it ten years have past and your testimony hasn't changed and neither have you. You're still talking the talk but not walking the walk. Some even know God's word and that makes them think they can "scripture whip" others while performing legalistic "drive by's" on their fellow Christians and the unsaved.
It's time to move on from just professing Christ and time to get that "Afterbirth" power, that Holy Ghost power we need to be effective for God. UPGRADE YOUR TESTIMONY!!
                                        God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman 

No comments: