Friday, May 11, 2012

"YOU CAN RUN..."

Praise the Lord everybody! I pray everyone is enjoying the blessings of God. I myself feel blessed just to be alive and able to carryout the mission that God has given me. I admit that recently I have not been able to hear from the Lord. Some might call it "writers block" but in my spirit I knew it was more than that.
Joe Louis once said before his big rematch in 1946 with Billy Conn "You can run but you can't hide." Have you ever found yourself running from God and seeking Him at the same time? I have. I have been seeking God for a "word" so I can pass it on to the people and I keep saying to myself "where are you God?" At the same time I hear that still, quiet voice saying "slow down Darrell and seek me while I can still be found." Did I listen? Did I heed? No, I turned the TV from channel to channel trying to find something that satisfies, Something that entertains me. I want to hear from God yet I ran from His timetable, I didn't want to take time out from my "busy schedule" and spend some quality time with the Lord. but David said in Psalms 139:7-10
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

After a few days of futility I realized the only way for me to have peace of mind was to stop procrastinating and and turn off "Law and Order", "NCIS" and even "Mary Mary" and "TBN" and spend some quality time before the Lord in prayer, praise and worship. All three go together, their is power in praise and worship because God inhabits the praises of His people. I knew what I needed but still I did not seek it. Matthew 26: 40+41 states
40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
41
It seems my spirit is running in one direction and my flesh in another at times. When things are not going well I know who to go to to get better but then I hinder myself from getting there. Paul said in Galatians 5:17
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
When I am obedient to the spirit the joy I feel and the blessing I receive is wonderful but still I find myself having to be dragged at times into God's presence by the Spirit. My flesh has to much power! I have to exercise my spirit more, It has to be the strong man of this house. Paul writes in Romans 8:12-14
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
I must mortify my flesh and it's deeds daily by spending more time in Gods presence so His spirit will be the dominant force in my life. Some times we have to get out of our own way to let God have His way. I am tired of being my own worst enemy and if you are too ask God to give you "ears to  hear" and once you hear be obedient.

                          God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman

No comments: